TONIGHT: Actors Theatre of Indiana presents Unscripted, an improvised musical comedy staring Ben Asaykwee, Cynthia Collins, Judy Fitzgerald, Paul Hansen, and Claire Wilcher and emceed by Ellen Kingston with accompaniment by Brent Marty. Full audience participation! You provide the content. The actors provide the laughs. See actors transform onstage into their characters as a story is woven together with help from the audience. Singing, dancing, costume changes, and wigs…all right before your eyes! Plus, the 2017-2018 season will be announced.
- March 8 & 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Studio Theater at The Center for the Performing Arts
- $25 for all seats
The Indiana Repertory Theatre‘s production of Boeing Boeing opens this weekend. A swanky Parisian bachelor pad sets the stage for a fun-filled performance where an infidelitous man finds out what can go wrong when he, along with three beautiful stewardesses, are in the right place at the wrong time. Check out the interview with Hillary Clemens and Matt Schwader!
- March 10-April 2
- Opening night March 10. Come dressed in your best 1960’s outfit and share a toast with the cast after the performance!
- IRTea Talk | March 19, after the 2 p.m. performance
- Happy Hour March 21, before the 6:30 p.m. performance
- Backstage Tour March 24, after the 7:30 p.m. performance
- Post-show Discussion March 26, after the 2 p.m. performance
- Cookies & Coffee March 30, before the 2 p.m. performance
- Recommended for patrons 9th grade and older. Boeing Boeing contains references to infidelity and mild sexual innuendo.
DivaFest 2017 presented by IndyFringe develops and presents female voices, providing a supportive environment where they can hone their craft and exploring new writers, works, and performing companies, while leaving enough room for established playwrights to foster mentoring relationships. The goal is to grow Indiana as a center for female playwrights and encourage the public to support them by buying tickets, watching shows, and sharing their thoughts with friends in person or on social media. Through the juried process, the best six submitted shows will be presented at the festival.
- March 10-12 & March 17-19
- $18; $13 seniors/student
- IndyFringe Basile Theatre and Indy Eleven Theatre
Theatre on the Square presents Rock of Ages: In 1987 on the Sunset Strip, a small-town girl met a big city rocker — and in LA’s most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the eighties. Rock of Ages is an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Poison, and many more.
- March 10-April 1
- $25; $20 student/senior
XYZ, a youth theater company led by Grace Cullin and Jaytel Provence, students of Young Actors Theatre, presents Belle. The show follows the story of an orphaned girl and how she copes with the events of her past. Belle will have to learn to let go of what she has lost. Will she learn to move on or hold on to the past and destroy herself?
- Big Car, 2628 Shelby St, Indianapolis, IN 46203
- March 9-11, 7 p.m.
- $12; $9 under 18
- Recommended for ages 11+